GM Leonid Kritz was the winner of the New England Masters 2007, which was held from August 13-17, 2007 in Peabody, Massachusetts. Kritz finished with 7/9, a half-point ahead of GM Alex Shabalov and IM Dean Ippolito. Finishing in fourth place was IM Robert Hess with 6/9, while IM Lev Milman, IM Josh Friedel and 12 year old FM Ray Robson finished tied for fifth with 5½/9.
Ippolito’s 2nd place finish was also good for the top Under 2400 prize while Robson took second in the same category. FM James Critelli and local youngster Max Enkin took the top Under 2300 prize, both of them finishing with 5/9, and both of them notching up a win against English GM Nigel Davies during the course of the tournament.
Please select from one of the following links to obtain more information about the New England Masters 2007:
New England Masters 2007 in the news…
- Putting on the Kritz in New England (Chess Life, Nov 1, 2007)
- At Chess Tourney, Young Masters Make Right Moves (Boston Globe, Sep 9, 2007)
- Kritz Wins New England Masters (Chess Life Online, Aug 20, 2007)
- Final Report (Chessdom, Aug 18, 2008)
- GM Kritz Wins New England Masters (Susan Polgar Blog, Aug 18, 2007)
- Kritz and Shabalov Lead NE Masters, (Chess Life Online, Aug 16, 2007)